Closed Thread

Thread: [APG] BNC Guide

1. [APG] BNC Guide 
    First of all I like to thank Data, pizzahut and Clawsy for donating and I've decided that we should give those BNCs a try. Now I have superadmin BNC access which may vary on yours. So I complied a visual tutorial to help you.

Name:  bnc1.JPG
Views: 553
Size:  63.7 KB

What you need to do before you connect to QuakeNet is to go to Servers Menu and click [Add].

Name:  bnc2.JPG
Views: 511
Size:  69.7 KB

*Then you need to type up those exact words except the password in dots because that password will be given discretely to each user who got it.

Name:  bnc3.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  92.3 KB

The way I do this to connect to BNC is to set my RealName and Email (my BNC username as RoboCop as the BNC doesn't work with usernames with Brackets) should hopefully work when you connect. But bare in mind this BNC is running on Beta 1.3 as the older 1.1 doesn't work properly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bnc4.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	63

And when you managed to connect to BNC then its just a case for you to "/join #channels" and adjusting your BNC config by typing "/sbnc set".

If you want to change your away BNC to indicate your are offline use "/sbnc set awaynick <YOURAWAYNICK>". And if you want to acquire the away backlog when you are offline IRC but need the logs use "/sbnc set autobacklog on"

Optional:-

You can store your QuakeNet Auth Username and Password by using "/sbnc set quser <YOURUSERNAME>" and "/sbnc set quser <YOURQAUTHPASSWORD>" to auth with QuakeNet services in case your BNC goes offline due to Netsplit. Plus you can also hide your hostmask by using "sbnc set qx on". Easy!

Try it out and let me know if you are stuck and make sure your "/sbnc set server se.quakenet.org 6667" matches this picture above.

*The Current [APG] BNC IP is "eu.apg-clan.org not the one from the 2nd picture.

[APG] Clan Leader - [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by RoboCop View Post
    First of all I like to thank Data, pizzahut and Clawsy for donating and I've decided that we should give those BNCs a try. Now I have superadmin BNC access which may vary on yours. So I complied a visual tutorial to help you.

Name:  bnc1.JPG
Views: 553
Size:  63.7 KB

What you need to do before you connect to QuakeNet is to go to Servers Menu and click [Add].

Name:  bnc2.JPG
Views: 511
Size:  69.7 KB

Then you need to type up those exact words except the password in dots because that password will be given discretely to each RV admin who got it.

Name:  bnc3.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  92.3 KB

The way I do this to connect to BNC is to set my RealName and Email (my BNC username as RoboCop as the BNC doesn't work with usernames with Brackets) should hopefully work when you connect. But bare in mind this BNC is running on Beta 1.3 as the older 1.1 doesn't work properly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bnc4.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	63

And when you managed to connect to BNC then its just a case for you to "/join #channels" and adjusting your BNC config by typing "/sbnc set".

If you want to change your away BNC to indicate your are offline use "/sbnc set awaynick <YOURAWAYNICK>". And if you want to acquire the away backlog when you are offline IRC but need the logs use "/sbnc set autobacklog on"

Optional:-

You can store your QuakeNet Auth Username and Password by using "/sbnc set quser <YOURUSERNAME>" and "/sbnc set quser <YOURQAUTHPASSWORD>" to auth with QuakeNet services in case your BNC goes offline due to Netsplit. Plus you can also hide your hostmask by using "sbnc set qx on". Easy!

Try it out and let me know if you are stuck and make sure your "/sbnc set server se.quakenet.org 6667" matches this picture above.
    I had tried to got this game but too difficult for me. pls help me guide what way to play this game.
    offgamers

Thread Information