Well I thought I should make a blog on the future of gaming consoles and the history of it on how it started:

Well as you already know on the PS4.5 or Neo and XBox One Scorpion or Two...but... what about Apple iOS and Android games as well as future Nintendo games?

First of what is ARM and where does it come from? Secondly, why did the PS4 and XB1 had to abandon support for older PS and XBox games? And thirdly...will smartphones or mobile gaming supercede the gaming consoles?

Well for the future - I cannot pretend to give you a honest straight answer as the future for gaming consoles is kindae everybody's guess.

To start off, let me explain on ARM on how it made its phenomenal success.

ARM or Acorn RISC Machines was devised by former employers of Sinclair Research who had made some minor breakthroughs such as the ZX Spectrum computer and the C5 vehicle but didn't compete against Acorn Computers - who used to work for Sinclair. The ARM chipset was developed in 1985 for the Acorn Archimedes to try compete not just for the Sinclair ZX Spectrum near the 1980s but also against Apple Mac and MicroSoft Windows. By 1991 Sinclair failed to compete and so did Acorn near 1999 as they ceased all computer productions. But the Acorn legacy never died as they founded ARM Holdings in Cambridge UK 30 years ago, after 2 or 3 gaming generations, ARM started to show it's performance near 2001 when Nintendo adopted the ARM chipset for Game Boy Advance despite the fact that older Game Boy handhelds where powered by a 8-Bit Z80 Sharp clone CPU, but the GBA had the Z80 as a co-processor for backward compatibility; benefiting the Pokemon R/B/Y and G/S/C game carts. Today ARM are also used for phones as well for DS handhelds and more, including the nVidia Shield and for Windows 8 ARM laptops. Also bare in mind ARM is a RISC CPU design just similar to the PowerPC consoles for Wii U, Wii, PS3 and XBox 360 - from where I will explain the 2nd question... However the reason why ARM is mostly used for portable devices and mobiles is due to the high energy effiency and low power to avoid consuming too much Battery jolt juice. But you can get Intel powered phones like the Motorola Razr i, mainly from the low tier Intel Atom series to prevent excessive consumption and heat that would damage the battery.

PS4 and XB1 are powered by AMD 64-Bit CISC chipset (also known in IT terms, x64 or amd64) that significantly varies from the older PS3 and X360 that uses Power Chipset based on RISC, from where the PS3 and X360 ROM disks were compiled and dedicated for PowerPC binaries but NOT for the x64 chipset. This meant that the PS4 and XB1 had to move on from allowing native backward compatibility as the x64 and and PowerPC don't match and have no similarities unlike the Intel and AMD CPU's as they are both based from x86/ia-32/i386 to amd64/ia-64/x64. Hence PSN and XBox Live had to allow new remasters digital games for gamers to buy those games that are emulated for PS4 and XB1. PowerPC and ARM aren't exactly matched for gaming power for the Intel and AMD CPU's, which was why Steve Jobs had to lose support for their older iMac PowerPC computers near 2005 for iMac Intel powered versions, due to the lack of processing power. But now the mobile market is increasingly active and popular that they still use the ARM chipset despite the low processing power.

Lastly what about the mobile gaming and portable devices in the future? Well I cannot say for definite but they are extremely popular that you can also use like Facebook and Skype as well as Youtube where ever you possibly go, depending on if you got 4G LTE and free Wi-fi areas. However phone hacks and Wi-fi security threats are occuring more than ever. You may want to keep your phone secure - not just physically to prevent smashes or any clumsiness but also install some top notch Anti-Virus softwares and Anti-Malwares like on your Windows PC. Windows had already became a success since Windows 95 despite the teething problems with the BSOD, Windows Driver problems and Internet Viruses, onwards.

Now if you ask me this, "Would you play more on your PC than those Mobile Phones?" Well to tell you the truth I mainly use this PC for professional hardcore purposes as well as organising stuff for [APG]. I only buy portable gadgets that you WON'T get on the PC like - as already mentioned - portability from this sentence. And if I found a game that is a cross-platform game for most consoles and OS's then if that IS found in the PC, then I will pick the PC for that game; otherwise for like Pokemon X/Y or Super Mario Galaxy, then I go for those Nintendo consoles.