+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoboCop, as a wonderful developer of the FoxBot plugin, would you have any idea how to copy over the waypoints from one map to another? You can probably tell what I'm trying to do - but just incase, I want to copy dustbowl.fwp to nao_dustbowl.fwp (I checked the BSP files for both maps and all the entities I checked have the same XYZ coordinates) so I could just copy the waypoints from the original dustbowl onto the nao_dustbowl - thus saving even more time!

Amazing to know that I can add new point-based entities, and the idea of copying the entities from the old map and adding it to the nao one is also a great idea! I'll have to keep all these in mind Will start experimenting ASAP and update you both accordingly! Thank you so much for all your help, both!

Antnommer, you are an absolute genius!

I used ripent to export the entities from badlands, I changed the skybox to 'space' in the generated badlands.ent file, and simply reimported that ent file into the nao_badlands.bsp. It works an absolute charm now! I'm now playing on nao_badlands with working spawns, ents, and everything! Can't thank you enough!

Although there's some parts of the badlands map that's just completely missing light (and even in nao_2fort the bases are missing some light too).

I was thinking of adding some 'light' entities through ripent but then I realised any of the 'light' entities that are on the map aren't actually visible or being used.

I think the RAD settings used when the BSP files were originally compiled were set to ignore the 'light' entities. It seems to be using its own form of light mapping? Because if you look at this screenshot https://i.imgur.com/azvNbmU.jpg you can see plenty of lighting, but no entities to match them (this is from the original/broken nao_badlands.bsp file).

I think I'm just going to have to use stripper2 to add any missing lighting Unless you can suggest something else?
    Last edited by Terrum; 28th September 2018 at 02:07 AM.

There is, as I had to use NotePad++ for baconbowl_r as baconbowl.fwp was only found in the original FoxBot 0.77 zip. But I had to add some teleport and some key rocket/conc jump points as well.

Open dustbowl.fwp in NotePad++ and search for "dustbowl" in the Search and replace it as "nao_dustbowl". But I appreciate it if we kept as many new waypoints and area files preserved. So to save any hassle and bother I've already done nao_dustbowl.fwp as well as nao_badlands.fwp. Check the zip file from this link as I've just updated it:-

https://apg-clan.org/vbdownloads.php...downloadid=980

[APG] Clan Leader - [email protected]

RoboCop, I really appreciate everything you have done Unfortunately the waypoints don't appear to be working. I couldn't see any of the waypoints on nao_dustbowl no matter where I searched, on nao_badlands it was very obvious because it seemed most of the waypoints spawned right on the 'info_player_start' entity! And lots of others in a line next to it: https://youtu.be/MPd81cFuiFg

I'm not sure what happened, but I was hoping you had an idea or could figure out what it is, because I can almost guarantee the original badlands waypoints weren't all bunched up and in a line!

Speaking of preserving files, I've got plenty of waypoints my end that were either created by me or a friend. I'm more than happy to give them to you if you wish to add them to the pack and contribute to your preservation Completely up to you! Just consider it a thanks for all the amazing help! http://terrum.co.uk/uploads/1538172388.zip

1538172388.zip contains:
    2fort_v_well.fwp
    4fortsniper.fwp
    4fortsniper_esc.fwp
    aa_snipe.fwp
    aasnp.fwp
    dub_snipe.fwp
    ejg2_hunted.fwp
    ftw_snipe_v.fwp
    kabooli.fwp
    krazy_snipe.fwp
    machinations_r.fwp
    mulch_die.fwp
    -paintball_sniper-.fwp
    saharasniper.fwp
    smear_the_queer.fwp
    snipahzrule.fwp
    sniper_office.fwp
    snipr_cali.fwp
    zutalors_b1.fwp

Darn that sucks maybe those new waypoints I've converted failed...

I just ended up drafting some messy waypoints so the bots can walk to the battlements, at least. Once I have more time I will make better waypoints and share them here That is, of course, unless you can fix the good waypoints to work with the nao maps.

In the meantime I'm eagerly awaiting for Antnommer's help with the lighting query I have

Also may I suggest you join our [APG] Discord as Antnommer hangs around in there? Look at the Nav Bar for Discord or the Top Left Column.

Sounds good! I've joined it now

I honestly don't know. I haven't done any mapping in GoldSrc in a long time, so I don't remember what other methods there are for generating light. It seems there are quite a few, and it suggests they may actually have decompiled the map to modify it. I don't remember if there's a program that can modify texture data like how RipEnt can modify entities, but that's another possibility, especially if you compare the lit areas in the nao_ version to the original.

No worries, thanks a lot! I'll have to use stripper2 to add some lights.

Thread Information