+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Any idea which Debian packages I need for Firearms 3.0? 
    Trying to setup a Firearms 3.0 server on my Linux server box. I'm running into an sdtc++6 error. Wondering if you would happen to know which Debian packages I would need to install? Been over a decade since I tried to setup an hlds server, and I'm more than a little rusty.

The error I'm getting is as follows:

Code:
    LoadLibrary failed on l/sh▒▒▒P▒▒▒P▒▒▒P▒▒▒P▒▒▒r▒▒▒O▒▒▒P▒▒▒O▒▒▒: l/sh▒▒▒P▒▒▒P▒▒▒P▒▒▒P▒▒▒r▒▒▒O▒▒▒P▒▒▒O▒▒▒: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from l/sh▒▒▒P▒▒▒P▒▒▒P▒▒▒P▒▒▒r▒▒▒O▒▒▒P▒▒▒O▒▒▒!
    FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from l/sh▒▒▒P▒▒▒P▒▒▒P▒▒▒P▒▒▒r▒▒▒O▒▒▒P▒▒▒O▒▒▒!

Ignore this post. This was a screw up...
    Last edited by Drek; 28th June 2020 at 01:50 PM.

Metamod-P always one of those miraculous pieces of coding that just worked, but you had no idea why it worked. I kinda think the original developer was a certified genius.

https://github.com/APGRoboCop/metamod-p try my modified version.

[APG] Clan Leader - [email protected]

Thanks, I'll do that.

Ignore my above post about metamod. That's not metamod-p and it is outdated.

After a week of banging my head against the wall with this I discovered that I had put "+[mapname]" instead of "+map [mapname]" in my hlds_run command line. I'm halfway between extremely annoyed and elated.

In the meantime I created a startup script that can dynamically generate a mapcycle.txt containing only maps that are both installed and have bot waypoints for, and that randomly picks a starting map.

It really wasn't a wasted week, I did learn, and relearn, a lot. I'm just very glad I didn't do a nuke and pave. At one point I thought the problem was that Firearms wasn't going to run on Debian bullseye, so I was considering doing a format and installing buster instead.

What is interesting is that Firearms 3.0 won't load on Linux if you try to load the game library directly with no mods, but it will run with the Metamod-P that Robocop has available here. So thanks Mr. Robocop.

Yes well I've tested this on my Debian Dedicated Server for FA 3.0 to work. But it appears that [APG] Metamod-P39 makes CS 1.6 crash for some reason.

[APG] Clan Leader - [email protected]

Mercifully neither I nor my friends have any interest in CS 1.6.

Thread Information