+ Reply to Thread
  1. 2142CC maplist problem 
    Cannot change the maplist for mods on the server?
    It remembers the 1st initial list but that's it?
    I can change the list in the client and it looks like it 'sticks' but when starting the server it loads the initial list.

starting default 2142 and that's fine,changing the maplist works.
    but running any mod does not.

Any ideas?

Using modmanager 2.2c files

Thanks

Thanks for joining [APG] Well I'm not sure cos EA does lack support for 3rd Party addons as well. Did you try using BF2142cc Daemon on your server? Also I don't know if your server is Windows or Linux but I struggle to use BF2142cc Daemon for Linux Dedicated Server.

You will need to load BF2142CC Daemon to allow full control and regulation of your server - if you hadn't done so.

Saddly cos of bl2142.co hadn't found any solutions for allowing my BF2142 to work with BF2142CCD I cannot regulate BF2142 server as well know how to allow your maplist to work.

Also the BF2142cc client isn't 100% reliable to allow maplist to save and store on the xml profile properly. And you will need at least MS .NET 2.0 but can be used like Bill Gates bloatware as old MS dependences like old DirectX could clog your PC.

But for other BF2142 mods, I haven't a clue as back in the day when GameSpy was alive that EA Ranked servers only allowed "pure" gameplay and using other mods were prohibited for rank scoring.

So we got EA and its lame support to thank for this problem...

[APG] Clan Leader - [email protected]

I found the problem.

It initially makes a maplist.con here.....
    \mods\xxxx\mods\bf2142\settings\maplist.con
    And this is the list it keeps reading.
    when you change your maps it changes the maplist.con here.....
    \mods\bf2142\settings\maplist.con

Refreshing the profile does nothing but if you delete the 'initial' maplist.con
    and start the server a new maplist.con gets made with the new mapslist.

Altering the client is beyond me but if there could be a 'delete' button added or similar to delete that maplist.con then things could be a whole lot better.

Are you using the fixed linux binaries from sTG?

Apart from this small glitch 2142CC is working great for my windows servers.

I've not had the chance due to family issues as well as that my HDD from our Canada Dedicated Server died and I had only 82% of the files backed up...

[APG] Clan Leader - [email protected]

let us know if you need anything robo.. hope all gets better..

Thread Information