If you have downloaded 13ag's WideScreen Fix, then you may want to replace the d3d9.dll for this one mentioned. This guide will add a Vulkan compatibility layer for D3D9. Now I've not tested on a huge amount of Max Payne 2 Mods, but it seems to work fine on Max Upgrades, Elements Of Style 1.5, Payne Effects 3 and Cinema 2.0. It does seem to have some FPS improvements, especially with Payne Effects 3 without the laggy choppy FPS when using Bullet Time with a lot of explosions. But the results on your PC will vary if you don't have a powerful nVidia 1080 GTX graphics card and a fast Intel i7 or AMD Ryzen 7 like mine.

Now to add Vulkan support for Max Payne 2, download the zip build from D9VK Github Releases below:-

https://github.com/Joshua-Ashton/d9vk

You can backup the original d3d9.dll if you want but the Steam Verify Game Cache can bring that original file back but will replace the D9VK version. Drag and drop the 32-bit or x32 d3d9.dll into the C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\SteamApps\common\Max Payne 2 The Fall of Max Payne folder.

The file should load up, but if you got any problems, let me know.