Well, you may have noticed some remakes or remasters of Sonic games, like Sonic Origins released recently with some added features, cutscenes and more. But that game has mixed reviews as that game is pretty much similar to Sega Mega Drive Classics on Steam, despite the added cutscenes, achievements and modifications.

Why does this game have mixed reviews? Well, it appears to be pricey to have 3 of the original Mega Drive Sonic games merged into one - plus the Sega CD of Sonic CD game, but doesn't have some key improvements. For example, it doesn't appear to have a Classic Scanline screen or to make it look like you are playing on a CRT 1990s TV - like being back in the old school 1990s era. And it doesn't appear to have like HQx2 or xBRZ to smooth those staircase edges nor make Sonic look smoother for gamers who hate eye strains.

Don't get me wrong, but the higher frame rates, Museum and Special Missions are ok. However, this game reminds me of the Sonic Mega Collection and Sonic Gems Collection for the GameCube which contains those classic Sonic games for the Mega Drive, Game Gear, Saturn and Arcade. Even the Sonic Mega Collection and Sonic Gems Collection contain some interesting archives and pictures of Sonic the Comic, and Sonic Coin-Op machines some of which were only released in Japan. But those archive collections, achievements and special missions should be only used as bonus features and focus on how to improve the general gameplay for those Sonic Classic games, as well as the remakes.

Some gamers don't realise that having VSync on for Sonic Origins causes display lag and we got powerful GFX cards that won't cause screen tearing for playing remade 16-Bit games on an emulator - unless you are using xBRZ at a high factor or that. The Spindash for Sonic 1 segment for Sonic Origins and the Gold Coins used as Lives are ok, but that seems too feeble if you ask me. Also, Sonic 2 had some maps or levels removed as Mega Drive cartridge ROMs had limited storage. You can find that out here:

https://tcrf.net/Prerelease:Sonic_th...Scrapped_Zones

What do you think about Sonic Origins and do you agree that Sega should have done better?

Plus here is a preview of when I first played Sonic 1 segment of Sonic Origins: